24 June 2013

A Day in Saugatuck

Angie (of Strawbrry Passion) and I were going to go strawberry picking yesterday, but when we saw that Sunday's forecast was 90 degrees (and in Michigan, you can bet it will be humid as well) we decided to go to the beach weather instead. So Saugatuck became our destination instead.

I got up EARLY (6 am) on Sunday morning so that I could meet Angie in Okemos by 8 am. We stopped by Biggby Coffee before we went to a 9:15 church service. By 11:00 am we were on the road to Saugatuck!

We were hungry when made it to Saugatuck so we stopped at Phil's. Afterward we wandered through the various shops.

We made it to the Lake around 4 pm. The beach was packed, but we found the perfect spot not too far down the beach.


The water was warmer than I thought it would be (when I went to Ludington over the Memorial day weekend it was freezing!). We spent some time looking for interesting stones, beach glass, and driftwood. The driftwood I collected is curing for beach-themed crafts.


The wind was the perfect temperature to blow the heat off our bodies. Angie fell asleep when we finally laid in the sun. It was after 7 pm when we left the beach!

We were reluctant to leave Saugatuck. We went back to the town for Kilwin's ice cream. Angie bought some sun-changing nail polish from Del Sol.

On our way back to my car we saw the Supermoon (a Strawberry Moon as well!). I didn't get home until 11:30 pm.

It was a wonderful summer's day, and I feel relaxed as I get ready to start my week.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment