27 June 2010

Thrifty Finds: Let's Picnic

This thrifty find is a two-parter. A couple of months ago I found a flawless, brand new picnic blanket at World Thrift Mission in Lansing, MI. Even without the accompanying picnic basket and accessories, the blanket was a steal at $3.99.

With the blanket in mind, I have been watching for the perfect picnic basket. I almost stooped to buying one at Target, but I am trying to live thriftily and frugally. I decided to forgo until they went on clearance.


My "new" secondhand picnic basket came from Goodwill in Charlotte, MI. At $9, I felt the basket was a bit overpriced for a thrift store (I've noticed Goodwill and other thrift shops are raising their prices as they realize people are shopping secondhand with the bad economy). But after a few minutes of inspection and debate, I decided to purchase the perfect summer accessory.


The next time I thrift I am going to watch for picnic essentials such as plates, silverware, sealable containers and wine glasses. Maybe I'll make some d.i.y. napkins. And after that, I'll plan a picnic (with pictures to follow, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment