- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk*
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter*
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats*
- Combine all ingredients excluding oats and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir often with a wooden ladle.
- Boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Add oats and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir often.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool to room temperature.
You can see my substitutions are asterisked. I did not have instant oats so I used old fashioned oats. Old fashioned oats take longer to cook so I heated the mixture for about two minutes after I mixed them in. I also replaced creamy peanut butter with crunchy peanut butter (which is always a treat).
The healthier no bake cookies are certainly interesting. I will continue to tweak the recipe. Let me know if you have any suggestions!