16 April 2012

Baby Booties

You may remember this mystery knitting project from several weeks ago. My friends Rachel and Ben just welcomed their first child, a son, into the world. Rachel and I became friends when I moved to Eaton Rapids, and I am very excited for her. I surprised her with a pair of knit baby booties.

Rachel has done volunteer work in the past, so I thought it appropriate to use a Bundles of Love pattern. I knit a pair for her son and another for the charity.


Pattern: Easy Knitted Booties via Bundles of Love
Yarn: Naturally Caron Spa
Needles: US Size 8
Changes: Crochet bind off rather than ribbed bind off. Crochet seams.

The yarn is an acrylic bamboo blend; it is light and silky. It is machine washable and dryable which makes it versatile and perfect for baby booties.

I knit the booties at the same time so that they would be the same size.

My bind off is usually tight, so I learned how to use the crochet bind off for this project. I love how it turned out!

I did not want to do seams, but my dpns are buried in my craft room. Instead of sewing the seams I used the crochet method. 

I recommend this pattern if you need to knit a quick gift. I knit the booties in an evening. The pattern has clear instructions and is easy to memorize. 

Congratulations to Rachel and Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment