05 March 2012

Frozen Smoothies

Variations of make ahead frozen smoothies such as Freezer SmoothiesGreen Smoothie Cups, and Make Ahead Smoothies are mainstays of food boards on Pinterest. Smoothies are a light yet filling fruit and/or vegetable blend high in antioxidants and vitamins. They are energizing and perfect for breakfast or as a snack.


When I made Freezer Jam I had extra strawberries so I cut up and froze them with bananas and grapes. I also froze yogurt in a silicone muffin pan. After they were frozen I put one cup frozen fruit and one yogurt cube into a freezer bags; I ended up with six bags of pre-made smoothies.

To make the smoothie simply add juice or milk and blend until smooth. I did not have juice so I juiced three oranges for approximately 3/4 cup of fresh orange juice. You could also add flax seed, honey, soy protein, or wheat grass for additional benefits.


My smoothie was delicious! I look forward to enjoying this frozen treat on a hot summer's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment