12 November 2011

Happy Blogoversary!

Today is my unofficial anniversary--a year ago today I started blogging consistently.

I have had a Shimmering Star since April 2006. I did not have much of a vision for my blog; I just wanted to share creativity with the internet.

Over the past year, a Shimmering Star has became a vital part of my life. It has brought focus, and it has helped my sense of purpose as I have struggled with finding career opportunities.

The past year has been eventful. I have had a lot of positive changes in my life. Matt got a permanent position; we got engaged and married, and we will be closing on a house in the next few months. Writing has always been a big part of my life, and I love how sharing my life on this blog helps me reflect on the bigger picture.

I am not sure what the future holds, but I look forward to sharing it with my readers. I will continue to blog about the creative arts: literature, music and writing. Even though I have struggled to blog while I recovered from food poisoning, I am confident I will continue to improve my blog. I hope to write more tutorials and features. I want to offer opportunities for others to guest blog (as well as write for for other blogs). I look up to the craft blogging giants, and I would love for a Shimmering Star to join their ranks.

Thank you for your support!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment