13 September 2011

Unfinished Weave

We all have half-finished projects laying around. Works in progress, as the craft community calls them, can speak to where we are in our lives. Some projects are never finished; they are too complicated, so they packed away and forgotten. Others are waiting for the right moment, the right detail, to be finished. 


You may remember I found the loom at Eaton Community Hospice Thrift Shop. I bought a large bag of loops at Hobby Lobby. I wanted a small project to work on in between larger ones. 




This woven project has been on my loom for over a month, but every spare moment has been devoted to our wedding. I am not sure if it will become a coaster or potholder or trivet, but I know that this project is waiting for the right moment to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment