22 February 2011

Blogs Improve Writing Practices

As I mentioned in a Shimmering Star's 100th Post, I have blogged since early 2004. I neglected a Shimmering Star on several occasions, but I renewed posting regularly in November 2010.

I have found blogging has improved my writing practices in three ways: it has given me the focus, discipline and clarity necessary for good writing.

Focus
I have varied interests, so I sometimes lack focus. I look forward to blogging, and I spend my day reflecting on potential topics.

Discipline
I love writing, but I feel like I do not have enough time to pursue it. Keeping a blog requires discipline, and I have learned to schedule writing time. This practice is useful as I write my first novel.

Clarity
As an introvert, I prefer to be alone with my thoughts. Still, I like sharing my thoughts with others. My blog helps me communicate my likes and dislikes as well as define my view of the world

How has blogging improved your writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment