27 July 2008

Thoughts on Etsy Showcase

As I previously posted, I bought an Etsy Showcase to display my items for twenty-four hours.

With Eyes Lifted is not a supply shop per se. My shop mostly has jewelry and accessories at the moment, but I do carry supplies. I felt my supplies had a nice selection, the best pictures and a decent price range. Therefore, I chose to showcase my supplies. 

I did not have a single sale. One person favorited an item, but no one favorited my shop. It did generate some traffic, but only minimal. But I would, and will, do it again. It did not do much this time, but I believe combine showcasing with other avenues of advertisement will help With Eyes Lifted become a success. I can try buying space on other blogs such as IndieFixx (and perhaps sell space on my own), buy ad space in magazines such as VenusZine, Bust and Craft/Make and utilize flickr.  I think I may try showcasing each month in a different category as funds allow. Perhaps even every other month.  

So yes, I believe showcasing is worth the time and money; I just need to work hard and believe my shop is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Huh. Well, that's kind of put me off advertising on etsy. But then...Maybe it's just the time of year? Everyone's off on holiday and all...Thanks for the links to the other advertisments though.

    ReplyDelete