01 March 2012

Daydream Believer Davy Jones

Although The Monkees (wikipedia The Monkees) were criticized as the "Pre-Fab Four," the group became a self-directed band that managed to be one of the first bands to achieve simultaneous number one hits in both the United States and United Kingdom.


I was first introduced to The Monkees by Wondra in the mid-nineties. I found the tv show to be lighthearted with fun tunes, silly antics, and zany plots. We loved to sing along to their songs and attempt the pirate walk from the opening credits of their show. I am pretty sure I must have learned to dance from watching Davy (which is why I do not dance in public).





Yesterday was a sad day in the music world. Davy Jones (known as the "cute one") unexpected passed away at 66 years old.


Voted Top Teen Idol of All Time by Yahoo! Music, Davy brought a quirky British humor to the band that fans adored.


I got to see Davy Jones and Micky Dolenz perform the Monkeemania Returns Tour in 2002. I am sad I did not take the opportunity to see the full band at the Fox Theatre in Detroit last summer.





This Daydream Believer will miss you, Davy. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment